Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Does anyone else get sore knees from AWC or sprint training? I've got rough knees in general, but they seem to get sore when I'm doing more 1' intervals. They don't hurt on the bike once I'm warmed up, and not at all during the intervals, but hurt a fair bit the rest of the time. They aren't getting worse, so I guess I'll do next week's workouts, and then enjoy a rest week.

This reminds me of how much better my joints feel than they did in CO & UT, and why I stopped lifting weights.
When my fit is dialed in and I'm riding everyday, I get very little knee/pain issues. It's when I start taking days off or slacking on the intensity some weeks, or coming off rest weeks that I'll get some tenderness every once in a while. The shorter the intervals the worse, just because they are so much more intense I guess. My latest batch of issues with piriformis or hip flexor or w/e was after 3 days off, 2 days of easy rides, then 2 days more off, then doing vo2 tuesday and threshold wednesday and boom, serious issue the following day.