RollCNY
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunbar
I guess you dismiss people like me then because I do not find flat bar bikes comfortable on longer rides. I actually find them uncomfortable and I have plenty of experience riding them. I've tried bar-ends and the extra hand position they offer is not useable to me. But since we're all created equal I guess everybody can, and should, be able to ride a hybrid "comfortably" on rides over 30 miles according to your logic.
I said that I react when people say that a hybrid can NEVER be comfortable over 30 miles. You have falsely stretched that to me saying that a hybrid is ALWAYS more comfortable than a road bike. I said no such thing.

My post was in no way a response to your initial post. You said "IMO" regarding drops and comfort, and gave input specific to yourself. It was a wonderful post. It was posts prior, by others, that stated a hybrid can never be comfortable, and one should never get one if they plan to go more than a few miles.

As a further note, I think many stock hybrids are uncomfortable as sold, with round, cheap rubber grips and silly handlebar shapes. If one spends the time, and of course money, to get good grips, and figures out what they want in a bar shape, they can be just as comfortable as drops.