View Single Post
Old 09-13-05, 10:59 AM
cerewa
put our Heads Together

Bikes: a mountain bike with a cargo box on the back and aero bars on the front. an old well-worn dahon folding bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now we just need somebody to come here and testify that they were hit by a car driven by a white person.

I was in a bike-vs-car crash where, given the time and place, it's very likely the driver was white. But to be totally honest, I didn't see the driver at all. My helmet was injured, but I was not. In my opinion, the driver and I were about equally at fault. I was riding late in the evening (sunlight wasn't completely gone, but the street lights were on) on a street with quite a few street lights. Motorist in front of me pulled out from a side street. (They had a stop sign, I had right of way, I don't know whether they had stopped at the sign) Motorist had come from the side street on my left driven part of his/her car into the side street on my right, when I hit the back end of the car and flipped over the trunk. I landed in the street on my back; my bike was unharmed. I've seen plenty of white people drive in rude and stupid ways, so (sarcasm) I'm sure that person was also white . Not to mention, I am white, so my riding at night without lights was clearly a reflection of the irresponsibility of white people when in control of vehicles on public roads.(/sarcasm)