Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally posted by RWTD
If your diet works for you I suggest you stick with it and not get worked up over others dietary choices if something different works for them.There is nothing wrong with carbs in moderation in particular for active cyclists.The cause of the rise in obesity in the U.S. is the increased consumption of highly processed calories in the form of hydrogenated fats and refined sugars combined with a sedentary lifestyle in short they are not eating for their activity level.Many people on the Atkins type diets find the best way for them to get carb cravings under control and lose weight is to drastically cut them but if you are not needing to lose weight or have high activity level or can eat carbs in moderation (ie in line with your activity level) there is really no need for you to consider the diet.I know that ectomorphic bodytypes(slender,hard to gain muscle mass,fast metabolism)tend to tolerate carbs better than endomorphic types that tend to be heavier with slower metabolisms.Assuming Asians tend to have more ecto features than endo this may explain why they have historically done well on a carb based diet.In the U.S. at least its the endo types that tend to favor the Atkins type diets.The problem as Maelstrom has alluded to is the U.S. government in its bureaucratic wisdom trys to promote one diet as being ideal for everyone .
You explain that so much better than me ...