genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13659 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Maybe because we really do inconvenience them? We're slower traffic and no one wants to be delayed by a road user they see as silly, especially when we're usually a VERY small percentage of traffic. It's the same reason they'd get annoyed stuck behind a horse and buggy. In most areas we make up less than 1% of road users...we're a very small minority that can have a disproportionate effect on traffic - why do you expect to be universally loved?

I try to ride in a way that inconveniences others as little as possible...obviously my safety comes first, but I also try to be considerate and I try to plan a route that minimizes my effect on others.

I'd wager more cyclists spend time worrying about them than they do worrying about us.
I think stop lights delay motorists far more than the couple of seconds a cyclist might... I think a lot of the "hate" comes from simply having to deal with "the other;" something other than another car... the motorist has to actually think for a moment... that takes drivers out of their stupor.