Old 06-13-13, 07:52 AM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by volosong
Welcome to the tribe. I would highly recommend that you seriously consider doing something. Either visit, or write a short letter to the owner of that first bicycle shop explaining, in a respectful manner, your unhappiness with the recommendations of that sales girl and the way the shop treated you, post purchase.

That lady should either not be selling bicycles, or should receive additional training in ascerataining the needs of her clients. To not say anything is a disservice to other "new" cyclists to whom she will influence purchases. That shop will not be in business for long if they continue to sell inappropriate products to an unspecting consumer. That does not mean we should go in there uninformed. Ultimately, we ourselves are responsible for our own purchase decisions. But, she is not helping.

If you do follow up, be nice and respectful about it, but also firm. The ol' "honey attracting bees" thing.
...so I did go back and talk with them, they apologized and said the girl was a new employee who only works on weekends or holidays - which is when we were there - and she is still learning the ropes. We don't have to worry about the bike she sold me as we've already sold it for more than we paid for it as it was last years model on clearance. We've left on good terms, but the store where I bought my Crosstrail will be where I go for service from now on...