View Single Post
Old 06-13-13, 12:10 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Evil glare doesn't work when you have a Howdy Doody face. Now, if you look like a terrorist... maybe.
DURPA DURPA MOHAMED! I keed I keed, I make a little joke with you, I definitely have more of a mean face than a howdy doody face.

Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Oh yes, you really strike terror in their hearts as you roll to a stop. Guessing here... ~210lbs. of man and machine... vs. 4000lbs. of economy sedan or 6000lbs of SUV but your "evil glare" gets their attention and their respect and holds it long enough for you to pass unmolested through their midst. Well if that's what you imagine is at work and its been working for you so far.... who am I to try and convince you otherwise. To anyone else who might be reading, however, I suspect other forces might be at work. I suggest that a neutral expression might work just as well and will not require the same amount of concentration. Safety is often a thing of microseconds and fearful people (even when they pretend otherwise) don't usually have the best responses. They react quickly but often incorrectly. FWIW.

H
Never claimed I intimidated anyone, I just think forcing them to make eye contact makes them react as though you are there and can't play the "I didn't see you card" they probably can't even tell it's an evil glare either, given my shades, beard, and cycling cap and/or helmet. But yeah run with it and put what you interpret I meant and imagine that I think I strike terror into someone who could easily smash me with their car.. I personally think it just raises their awareness that I am there and hopefully changes their reaction as well (at least in the case of jackholes). So tell me Leiser, what's your method if not eye contact?

Originally Posted by Leisesturm
\

It's clear by now to most of us that it wasn't an issue of visibility but an issue of civility. What baffles me is why the o.p. put so much effort in presenting the case. I mean... Google maps? Photo's of what they were wearing..... and this really was the first time they have ever been so affronted in traffic? I just don't know... ... I have a pretty high tolerance for annoyance... some don't. The o.p. sounds pretty annoying. We don't have the full story. Somebody was trying to teach somebody a lesson. Without the SUV drivers side of it we just have yet another of the one sided screech off threads that solves nothing.

Your style reminds me a lot of people from A&S, I'm asking the OP a simple question so I can build the mental picture further in my mind.. but yes declaring the OP annoying and acting as though you have omnipotent ESP of the entire situation is surely the way to post in this thread...

Last edited by RaleighSport; 06-13-13 at 12:15 PM.