View Single Post
Old 09-13-05, 02:29 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterSezFaster
I would say find the tightest turn with the steepest incline at the apex and practice it over and over until you clear it 4 or 5 times in a row. Then find the hardest turn in the other direction and do the same. Be sure to pay attention to your cadence, body position and angle of approach so when you finally do clear the turn you know what you did.

We can give you tips after tip but the only way to conquer it is to practice, practice and did I say practice?

It also helps if you can track stand while seated so if you need to ride slowly through the turns you can keep your balance better.

That would be my recommendation, as well. That's how I got to be halfway decent at steep, narrow switchbacks(among other trail "features"). I'm pretty much out of practice now, tho. Not a whole lot of 'em around these parts.