Old 06-15-13, 08:28 AM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
I only have an issue if you used your friendship with the other manager to get the outcome that you desired.

Because of my profession I have extensive connections and personal friendships with local LE. IF I tried to use those connections as leverage to get a certain outcome I would be in deep doo-doo.
There is only an issue if the connection is used inappropriately. OP didn't determine the outcome, he only happened to know where to report something. And he did what he should have rather than just ignore it and let this guy continue irresponsible and dangerous behavior that could hurt others and get the company in a lot of trouble. Presumably you could do that too.

I am surprised by the number of people who seem to have thought the OP did the wrong thing. I tend to take the side of the drivers more often than cyclists for the simple reason that many cyclists either are clueless or have attitude problems. But there are some seriously bad drivers out there and people who do dangerous things need to be dealt with before they kill or maim someone.

I would have called the driver in and I hardly do that sort of thing lightly. The last time I called in someone was years ago, and that was because of something I witnessed him do to another driver -- not me or another cyclist.