joyota

Bikes: 1998 Nishiki Blazer, 2004 Trek 4500, 2014 Salsa Fargo 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Ann Arbor!

Hello all,

My name's Ken, and I live in the Ann Arbor, MI area. I'm fairly new to considering "cycling" an official hobby of mine, however I've had the same bike and have loved riding for about 12 years now. I've owned my bike longer than any of my other possessions. I once had a bike commute from my apartment to work of about 5.5 miles and loved making the commute via bike whenever I could, but since moving towards the outskirts of town 4 years ago, my commute more than doubled in length and I wrote off any chance of commuting by bike when that happened. Only recently did I realize I currently average 13mph on public roads including stop lights and could potentially make my commute home in an hour if I can work up my physical performance and make some adjustments to my equipment. So the love of cycling has been re-kindled and I want to learn as much as I can about commuting. I doubt I'll be an everyday commuter (especially during winters in MI), but someday I'd definitely like to try and cut the amount of car commuting I do in half during the Spring-Fall months.

Anyway, I'm in the process of converting my old Nishiki Blazer from an ATB to a commuter and have already referenced a bunch of threads from this site on the subject, so I figured why not join the community. Here's my bike after I finished a 10 mile ride last night just before sundown.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20130617_195735.jpg (46.3 KB, 9 views)