Old 06-23-13, 03:40 AM
jimmytango
Hi, I'm Bryan.

Bikes: 2010 Focus Mares

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, I haven't been around for a while. That's because I've been working 12-14 hour days seven days each week. I'm back in the kitchen, as sous chef at a new brewery brewery here in town. I just couldn't survive on bike shop money any longer. Also, I missed the thrill of kitchens more than anyone that has never done it can know.

Thursday sucked. A lot. I got tagged by a red light runner on my way to work and ****ed my right (dominant) ankle and wrist. Went to work anyhow, pushed through the pain for 13 hours, went outside to a missing bike, helmet, and lock. I hate commuting by train. After we move (second time in as many years. **** sucks, but our apartment is awful), and I get caught up a little more on bills, and put a small cushion in the bank, I will be getting something new. I'm debating between CX and another fixed. I wanna race this fall, and the chef (also a cyclist, raced in his younger years) said that I could have Sundays off for races, so I may grab a CX rig.

Time for the bright sides:

My bike was very distinctive, and I have a lot of friends/acquaintances in the bike scene here, so if it's still in Chicago I will find it soon.

I needed something new anyhow, so this will force me to get something.

The owner was inspired to install a bike rack in the (always locked) basement.

How have you all been?