View Single Post
Old 06-27-13, 12:03 AM
bajajoaquin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Yes, it's on the front of the tandem. I looked at the stoker position, but I think the feet of the seat would interfere with my feet.

But a bit of clarification: I just bought this tandem, but it's not my first. I was "between bikes," as they say in the motorcycle world. I had a couple beach cruiser tandems when I was young, and more recently had a Schwinn Twin. I sold the Schwinn because it was just too whippy for me to be comfortable on the hills around here. I am happy riding my cruiser around, but I found that with the iBert in front, I couldn't stand up to get up the hill to my house. And as long as I was buying another bike for some gears, I might as well get a tandem so that my wife could come along. (Not that I'm not still on the lookout for a good three-speed with fenders.)

After doing some more reading, I'm going to be buying another seat for sure. My mom reminded me of how I would babble like an idiot and then pass out completely in my bike seat when I was an infant. So higher sides for a sleeping baby are a must. Luckily Amazon Prime will get it here by the weekend!

After talking about it with my wife, we'll probably drive to the bike path, even though it's only a half mile from my house. The first ride isn't likely to be very long, so it might as well be all as smooth and easy as possible.

I appreciate the comments. Thank you.