View Single Post
Old 06-28-13, 11:18 AM
richpool

Bikes: 1985 Cannondale SR300, 1987 Canonndale SR800 Black Lightning, 1988 Cannondale SR500 TEAM CREST,1992 Schwinn Paramount PDG Series 3, Volume V6 Cutter,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Im a freelance designer and have worked with State Bicycle Co. and Mehdi personally. Take in mind I might be biased, but I think a lot of you are missing the point here. First off, as a professional, I only work with companies that I actually believe in. Im also good at what I do and working with bad companies can easily reflect on me.

Like stated above in this thread numerous times, we are talking about bikes for the most part below the $475.00 price range. Honestly and objectively think about who is looking for bikes at that price point? All of you pooping on them are probably not the target demographic. I would assume, without 100% knowing their business model, that they are aiming at the demographics of 14-26 year old first time real bike buyers (meaning non department store). Buyers with a little more money and style, than the average person. People that want to ride, but at the moment have no plans of racing or training for that matter. These people probably want a bike that rides with out problems and looks good at the same time. Those same people probably wont be hammering, dont know how to skid, and average 13 mph. Its going to be hard to break anything like that.

Just objectively think, State Bicycle Co. provides bikes with multiple options and multiple colors to appeal to those that are just starting out. At the same time the bike is of higher quality materials than others in the range (4130 vs Hi-Ten) but not always the highest. Its hard for a company to exist if they have the best looking product, best parts, and the lowest cost. We should all keep in mind, just like frames sold by different brands can come from the same factory, so can components. I think its a little premature to poop all over the components unless you know something about what factory produces them.

Next I have to say, and this is 100% my opinion, the direction this company is moving is amazing for how long they have been around. They sponsor races, riders, and events. They are involved in multiple communities and get more people on bikes. They are now offering higher end bikes and getting support from riders that are good enough to place on the podiums in races we all respect.

Lastly, I think its even more amazing that an owner / co-founder will come in here and support his products. Ive never seen anything negative about the customer service. He, isn't just some PR guy. He is involved in the company from the ground up. This guy cares enough to work directly with freelance designers on things all the way down to the packaging of their chains. He then cares enough to take the time to come in here and deal with most of you trolls and S-talkers who have never seen the bikes we are discussing. Most people on these forums don't have the guts to stand up for what they believe in. Its just a bunch of dweebs, a-holes, and sheep, that buy what ever the next "cool" thing is. The same people that get chubs for what ever the most expensive products without any consideration for the design, value, or actual manufacturing cost. I would rather ride a State Bicycle Co. Undefeated than any iteration of your identical Cinelli Mash Histograms with identical build lists of: Thomson seat post, Thomson Stem, and Sram Omniums. Don't get me wrong im sure they are great frames but there are 14 pages of identical bikes on pedalroom with the same comment of "sick build bruh." Congratulations you managed to pick your own tires, tubes, hubs, and hoops.