View Single Post
Old 06-30-13, 01:28 AM
Chris_050

Bikes: 2013 Giant Roam 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, my name is Chris and I am new on here. I have been lurking in the Hybrid forum for some time now and just decided to sign up.

Here are pics of my 2013 Giant Roam 2. I got it back in May.

So far, I have added:
-700 x 32c Maxxis Columbiere road tires
-Cygolite Metro 420 front light
-Cygolite Hot Shot rear light
-Planet Bike ARS Classic saddle
-Ibera top tube bag
-Giant mini hand pump (clips on near water bottle cage)
-Bought a Yakima Super Joe Pro 2 trunk rack for my car

I haven't ridden a bike for like a decade since I was a teenager (just turned 25). After riding for about a month or two, I can say I have a new found sport/activity. I usually find myself riding every day, or every other day (depends if it's raining) and each ride is about 10-15 miles. I mainly ride a mix of city/downtown roads as well as smooth back roads.

I can definitely say it's awesome getting back into riding a bike and I love this Giant Roam. One feature of the bike that I like is the lock out fork. It's great that it allows versatility when riding around town vs. smooth paved back roads.

One of my main goals with the bike is to get more fit and enjoy bicycling at the same time. I have already lost about 10 pounds and hope to lose even more by the end of this summer.

I eventually want to get a road bike in the future but I have had minor back problems recently. I am not sure if the posture of riding a road bike is for me. We'll see though since I have my eye on some road bikes.

Last edited by Chris_050; 06-30-13 at 02:22 AM.