View Single Post
Old 06-30-13, 03:21 PM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fitchburg Longsjo Classic, M40+/M50+ combined field, 10th, 7th in the combined sprint points. This is a 50 minute criterium, mixed field, separate scoring except for the sprint points which were combined, which I found out afterwards . I love this course. Brought back great memories. The hill up the front straight and the long sprint suit my style. No problem clipping in . Settled in at the back with the ex-pros. Grabbed some sprint points on a few laps. No breaks were getting very far up the road so I just waited and watched. With three to go I thought about a kilo but decided against it. On the last lap, two guys started a shoving match right before the technical turn three, so I had to dive inside to get around them. I came out of turn four in good position for a top 5 right behind the Champ. Then two guys hooked bars a few riders up and crashed hard, one needing an ambulance. I had to juke left to avoid them, which cost me a few places. It's a shame because I was closing.

I went into this race coaching myself to race smart. I did, probably too smart. I left a lot in the tank. Next week, New Britain, and I want a win. It's time to start racing like I know I can.

Great to see you Mikey and bostongarden.