Old 07-03-13, 12:36 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18269 Post(s)
Liked 15,185 Times in 7,172 Posts
Originally Posted by perspiration
I think I'm bypassing Pennsylvania, or at least insofar as the ACA route will take me through it.
Then what's the plan for that stretch? The ACA route hits the Hudson, crosses at Poughkeepsie and then continues to Port Jervis, NY, where it enters NJ. If you coninue to follow the route, you will go through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, which is great riding. The last place you can get off the route and avoid going into PA is at Historic Millbrook Village. If you don't take Millbrook Rd. from there and instead continue down Old Mine Rd., you must go into PA. That's because when you reach the end of Old Mine Rd., you will have two choices: (1) Cross the Delaware River to Delaware Water Gap, PA using the pedestrain walkway along I-80 or (2) ride on I-80. The latter is not permitted. Once in PA, you can ride south on PA 611. In Portland, PA, there is a pedestrian bridge that takes you into Columbia, NJ, on the other side of the river. You can conitnue heading south from there on U.S. 46, which is not nearly as nice as River Rd. south of Portland on the PA side.

Is there something about the PA portion fo the route you don't like?