Old 07-07-13, 09:06 AM
deleteyourselph

Bikes: '13 Salsa Fargo / '12 Surly Pugsley / '71 Schwin Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recommended Bike Shop in Southeast WI

Anybody have some shops in mind? I have done business with the three or four shops in my hometown (Sheboygan) with mixed results. Some have given me good prices and discounts at times, and sometimes gotten me with full MSRP. I have really tried to be a LBS kind of guy, but my faith is starting to wane. I found a shop about thirty minutes away, but they cater to fat bike/mtbs. Which is great for that stuff, but next on my list is a nice road bike ($3,000-$4,000). Unfortunately the only road bike offerings they have is Raleigh. I heard maybe Bianchi, which would be fine for me, but they lack in the ways of fitting, etc.. A lot of the other shops are super cliquey and generally are jack wagons. One of the local shops I did business with for a few years did fittings, but charge like $150-$200. If I'm paying $2,000.00 for a bike (I bought three in that price range), am I out of line expecting that fitting included? I also don't like it when I drop like $6,000.00 in a couple years at a shop, and I barely get a hello when I walk in, or have a bike malfunction two days before a trip and get told they can't squeeze me in before I leave. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I generally feel I am a reasonable person. You scratch my back I scratch yours. I'm just looking for a friendly shop, with good knowledge of fittings and roadbikes. And not being two hours away would be great as well.