Old 07-07-13, 11:52 AM
mandeed10

Bikes: 2013 Lexa SLX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Soreness after riding

I don't know if this goes here or under another forum, but I ride a road bike so I figured I'd ask here

As my status states, I am a newbie on here and to the road cycling world. I got my Lexa SLX 3 months ago and just put 250 miles on it. I've been athletic my whole life (I'm 22), except for in college, I went to the gym to make up for not playing sports as much anymore. I played a bunch of different sports: softball, volleyball, soccer, basketball. But I realize I never played an endurance sport, and I know recovery time is probably a little different.

My questions are: how long should my muscles be aching before they finally strengthen enough to where they don't hurt anymore? What should I do in the mean time while they do hurt? Is there any type of supplement or should I be taking extra protein to build muscle up in my legs?

Every time I get on my bike, my legs hurt the first couple miles and I feel like I have to push a little harder to get going, but after awhile my legs feel fine. And then, when I'm done with the ride, they're of course sore again.

Any answers and suggestions to my questions are greatly appreciated!! Thank you!