View Single Post
Old 07-08-13, 04:49 AM
BohicaX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Medic Zero
Thanks for the info on how to make the 41 toother. Have you had any problems with freehub body failure? Seems like a lot of torque.

The wink was actually because the Aussie version of English is largely a mystery to us Americans and I really had no idea what you meant! Since there was a typo, googling didn't help either!
Hi MZ no problems on free hub failures but like anything I guess they have there limits and without a doubt your warranty is out the window with this set-up. All manufactures have there specs for safe work loads or torque and the numbers they give are to ensure that there not getting recalls from failures. Most safe work load numbers are well under spec and in most cases I bet you could double or triple that number before failure happens there just covering there butts.

Having said that I take responsibility for my own actions and if things fail so be it just suck it up and purchase again learning from your mistakes rather than become a whining customer. Again I can only make comment on two brands of hubs that this 41T has been on and that is "Industry Nine" hubs and "Hope Technology" hubs. (links below)

http://www.industrynine.net/

http://www.hopetech.com/

Added to that I run a 20T granny so hauling that rig up mountains without hub or free hub failure stretching the safe work load and torque well beyond manufacture specs I'm happy to make mention of those companies because in my eyes they have passed the test. I'm currently running Industry Nine hubs and spoke system as they have done the bulk of my long distance loaded touring.

Ok gotcha on the lingo I just noticed I made a typo hence why I thought you winked at my silly mistake. As your well aware we live upside down here and that might explain our English being a mystery to you Yanks. Understand though you northerners take a dump and it flows down hill and guess where we are situated geographically on that flow chart.......It's no excuse but it might help explain our English.

Hope that helps further answer some of your questions.

Cheers Mate