Old 07-08-13, 04:47 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by kenmcchord
… Anyhoo I saw the emails about the ride and I am still in. I've got a room at the Aloft hotel in Lexington, which is only a mile or so from the starting of the Mass Ride from previous years. Hopefully they won't change the starting location, and hopefully the date of July 27th is still good.

Jim, let me know whenever you hear that this ride gets firmed up, I'm looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by kenmcchord
Well it appears that I have to work that weekend now, much of my plans for the summer have been adjusted with some family issues. So unfortunately I won't be able to attend, as much as I'd like to be there. I trust you will all have a great time, sorry to bail out so late in the game.

Good luck to all that attend.

ken
I’m very sorry to hear you can’t make it, especially since you actually made hotel reservations this winter. We live across the Charles River from the Mass Institute of Technology (MIT) and I think you may have been able to meet some other kindred spirits in tinfoil hats as well . BTW, Ken, I note that you have a 2006 Specialized S-Works. I just bought a year-end model in April.

I have also received a couple of other regrets as PM’s, and if those subscribers give me a go-ahead, I’ll mention who they are, without reference to their stories. I was also chagrined to read that they couldn't come either.

For those interested, there is a sticky on the Fifty-Plus Forum, A Chronicle of the 50+ Annual Rides, and in one post, I listed the threads that chronicled the Rides II to IV beginning with the personal narratives and photos:

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Here are links to posts that begin the personal narratives and photos for these Annual Fifty Plus Rides:…
Recently, I perused the various threads about those Rides to reminisce. There was a definite pattern to the threads for those previous Rides: initial discussion in the winter about where to go, followed by a flurry of enthusiasm; spring doldrums; eventually the posts immediately preceding the ride as the participants departed for the destination; and the memorable tales afterwards about the event.

I look forward to adding the stories about the Fifth Annual Ride.