Old 07-09-13, 11:25 AM
spazegun2213

Bikes: '11 Allez Comp, '09 Pinarello Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Race report from friday:
Durward, Jackie's husband, raced with us. I guess they both got into cycling 1-2 years ago to lose a little weight and she started racing. He started going to her races, and taking pictures. But he rides as well and Friday was his first race ever. Nearly his entire family was there to see him and I was impressed that they were even there. The races were a bit weird as it was July 5th and most of the D riders were elsewhere, but there were a TON of A/B riders there. They were all on super low gearing and were instructed to "stay back" if there was a good battle going on.

The first race was a 6 lap point a lap, and wouldn't you know it Durward went off the front. We started a good paceline, but the A/B riders would not take much time at the front, so it was not as fast as it needed to be to catch him. He took the first 5 laps for the win. I tried to snipe the 5th lap and the last, but I was about 20m to far back. I did get a nice second, and he commented that I came around him so fast I nearly blew him off the banking, lol.

The second race was a triple sprint, and I managed to be leading the first sprint when a B rider just blew past us... jebus he was fast. He was also strong and did it another 2 times, lol. It was really interesting to see them go, as I had nothing left on the third sprint, and they were able to just stick it out. I think I managed a 4th in that race with only one D in front of me.

The last race was a 12 lap scratch, and I felt like I was done. The race turned into a good place line and with 4 to go I managed to be in a prime position. I was 3rd back, and when the the first guy pulled up, the 2nd guy stepped on it. We pulled a gap on the field that lasted for nearly a lap. When he pulled off I was hoping he slot in behind me.. but he didnt... rats. With 2 to go I just decided to go for it. The last lap was painful.. very VERY painful... but I managed a 2nd with a B rider again taking the win. Durward was right behind me with the help of a B rider leading him out. I was happy i fended of the pack and didnt completely drop my anchor.

Overall it was a great night, and I need to get out to the track more often. Without the monday classes, fridays are about the only times I get on the track bike, and that is just not enough!