View Single Post
Old 07-13-13, 10:45 AM
Watchdog

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Blizzard (stolen), Haro Roscoe (sold), Giant TCX Rabobank, Cervelo RS, Rocky Mountain Altitude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calliebear9
I love that this thread has 91 views and only 2 replies!! Does that mean a whole bunch of men are looking at the Calling All Athenas thread?

I am definitely not just doing this for fitness. I am doing this for fun. I do the gym for fitness, I don't like doing it. I force myself to do it. I do the elliptical, the treadmill, the stationary bike, the rowing machine, I take Zumba and Spin classes and I lift. A variety of things, but they all feel like chores. The bike doesn't, well, not yet. I look forward to riding. So in my mind I can do something fun and be burning some calories. I think what I was trying to say (not very eloquently) is for weight loss purposes I NEED to work out to burn calories. So I need to keep hitting the gym to get in some more intense cardio and lifting. It won't be enough for me to just ride. Plus on evenings I can't go out on the bike for more than an hour. I just don't have the time. In a perfect world I would commute on my bike and maybe I will work up to that. But right now I am not there yet. It would only be 8 miles each way, but I haven't figured out how to get all my stuff to the office in order to shower and all. So that might be an adventure for a later time.

I ordered some bike shorts off of Team Estrogen and they should arrive today. After my 16 mile ride on Monday I realized that at about 10 miles I get pretty sore. I am sure these shorts will be uber attractive...yikes!
Yes, I have to admit I read the thread, but now here's my reply - I thought Goldfinch's story was amazing. I am super impressed by her story!

My older brother is a bit overweight and does not exercise. I've been trying to figure out a way to get him to start a regular exercise program and that's partly why I clicked and read this thread. The other reason is that I was just wondering how many women are on these forums. Generally it's overwhelmingly men.