Thread: Hot r Not
View Single Post
Old 07-13-13, 11:00 AM
cyclebycle13
Super WW

Bikes: A really light one and a really heavy one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
I made a few changes to my Neilpryde Bura sl. Ritchey handlebars are replaced by zipp sl carbon (I needed a bit more reach and these are 27g lighter - bonus).

Also ditched traditional handlebar tape and started using 3M friction tape, available at home depot for $3 a roll. Love this stuff - leaves no residue when you take it off and it's about 22g to do both sides (takes 2 rolls, but at $3 each, who cares and you'll have leftover). You don't need extra tape to hold down cables being routed underneath either.

Went from kcnc cb1's to eebrakes. A bit heavier, but I'll take it. Also switched to powercordz for brakes and derailleurs.

The wheels on there now are farsport 38mm clinchers built up w/ cx-rays & extralite hubs. 1174g for clinchers. These are about 200g heavier than my tubular set, more when you include the tire setup.

Other than that things are the same. The bike weighs about 11.9 lbs as pictured (INCLUDING my garmin 800 that I forgot to put on before taking the pic. With the tubulars on it comes in around 11.3 lbs.

Since I got the bike I've dropped 8-10 lbs off my body, let's just say I'm really enjoying climbing right now.

image upload no limit