echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
So my folks will get the FTR (Froome Training Regimen) interval next week:

After a 5.5 hour ride find a 7-8% climb. Ride 400w for 15 minutes, then ride 550-600w for 76s , then vary between 400-450w for 5m, then do 1km at 500w. Finish at 6200 ft.

I actually ran the numbers, just to see if I was nuts and I gave Froome a pretty big margin of error. It's all "psuedo-science" so I shouldn't be given access to the power files, but we're close I'd bet.

What jumps out here is recoverability...you'd figure after 5 hours you'd lose at least 10-15% of FTP, and that's being super generous. Froome's been said to be in the 440w region. But of course Sky, being transparent, won't release the files.

So you figure he's at around 390. So far so good. Then you ride at 130-150% of FTP for 2 minute bursts and then back to FTP? That's hitting z5 for extended periods then going back to V02 max. After 5 hours.

I'm not even shaving off altitude correction which would knock off 3-5% being super conservative.

Did I mention he put the same time gaps into the field in <5k that it took Lance 10k to achieve?

Oh look, there's a unicorn.

Done. I'll keep watching for tactics and the sprints but I'm done commenting. If folks want to "believe" have at it. I'm just some bike racer. WTF do I know.
don't forget the effect of heat

but i'm sure this is all legit as Hunter Allen said so. Hunter says: AYHSMB