View Single Post
Old 07-15-13, 07:40 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 80 Posts
Originally Posted by LabRat2k3
Had a really good ride today. I have to say that for the last two weeks I haven't enjoyed my rides, so this morning I decided to not worry about numbers and just ride. I just listened to my body and didn't look to see what gear I was in, how fast I was going, or worry about cadence, I just rode. If I felt like I was peddling to hard I would shift, if I was spinning like mad and not going anywhere I would shift. My ride went by faster, I felt better when I got home and I actually enjoyed my ride. I think this is how I'm going to ride for a little while, at least until I get a little cardio built up. I'll worry about all the other stuff once I get better at riding. Maybe this is the wrong way to go about it, but I know that if I don't enjoy this I most likely won't stick with it very long.
^^^^^^This!

It is not so much that there is a right and wrong, it is more like there are some methods that are more efficient. Plus the fact that hard gear low cadence is hard on the knees. Cycle for fun and reap the benefits of a more active lifestyle. If you are focused on the fun then you will be more likely to want to do more.