View Single Post
Old 07-19-13, 11:27 AM
nkfrench 

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Ruby Pro aka "Rhubarb" / and a backup road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
My guilty pleasure on the grill -- Lamb kebobs. Grilled, not BBQ.
I put olive oil, a few cloves of garlic, oregano crushed leaves, rosemary, a little black pepper, lemon juice into two 1-gallon ziplock bags. I microwave them just enough to soften the garlic cloves, then mash the garlic (still inside the bag). Just warm it - do not overheat or bad things happen. You purists may prefer to use a glass bowl instead of heating plastic. This is the "marinade".
Next - some leg of lamb, chopped up into big cubes. If you like it rare, big cubes. Well-done, smaller cubes. Put all the lamb into one ziplock bag. Squish it all around to coat.
The other bag - whole white mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, large chunks of onion, bell pepper. Also tumble it around to coat the vegs.
After letting it all ponder in the fridge for a few hours, bring it out to assemble.
Alternate lamb with the vegetables on long metal skewers. Put a square of thin raw bacon between the lamb and the mushroom so the flavor soaks into the mushrooms and the lamb. The onion also likes to be next to the lamb.
Encapsulate the cherry tomatoes between onion and bell pepper on the skewer to help it stay on as it bursts. ( o )
Cook it until it's between raw and burned to taste. Watch for flames. I'm no expert here.
Likely the rosemary will char. Brush it off. You may prefer to brush it off the food after marinating before cooking.
Serve it all up over wild rice+long grain mix.

Last edited by nkfrench; 07-19-13 at 11:36 AM.