Old 07-20-13, 11:58 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsigone
I have an older Garmin HRM1G that came w/ my forerunner 305. I changed to battery out last xmas time frame. I do think it's working, the club ride we had on the 4th of july was hard and was in the upper 170s a number of times on each climb trying to keep up and/or limit how much I get dropped.

I do have the autopause set up at 2.5mph or slower. But on the main climb, I stopped once at the bottom to roll up my soaked windbreaker and pocket it. Strava is my stop watch, it even counts both moving and non moving time.
It was just a thought.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
How long do the batteries last? I'm tempted to just switch mine out - it's been a year and a half and 5,000 miles or so.
I've managed to kill 2 premium straps in 20 months and only 10,500 km. I replaced the batteries a couple of times trying to figure out if they (the batteries) were to blame. They weren't.

Not sure what I've been doing wrong. First one I washed religiously. When it failed in less than a year I figured that perhaps I was washing it too much, so, I only occassionally rinsed the second one with pretty much similliar results.