Old 07-22-13, 08:20 AM
SewHelpMe

Bikes: Trek Verve 1 WSD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Trek's website says their retailers will assist you in getting a good fit. Can you get back to the shop that sold your hub the bike and ask them for help?

I'm pretty experienced with adjusting road bikes, but much less so with hybrid and comfort bikes.

Question: if you are slipping forward, do you think your body wants to be forward? Also, how is your saddle height? You should not have it low enough that both feet are flat on the ground.
Thank you for replying. Yes we can take it back to the shop again. They have not been able to get it comfortable for me so far. The problem is that I want to sit further back on the seat which means I'm hanging off the back and it is most uncomfortable. If I sit centered on the seat, my legs are almost vertical beneath me and I can't pedal well and keep slipping forward. There only suggestion was to tilt the seat upward in the front which put a lot of discomfort on my tail bone and other parts.

As for the height, it's placed such that I can just touch the ground with my toes. Both the bike person and my husband insisted it needed to be that high, though I think I would have preferred a little lower.

I keep wondering if there is a way to move the seat backward an inch or two. Is there some kind of modification that would do that without breaking the bank?