Old 07-22-13, 01:40 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,582 Times in 2,343 Posts
just googled this, it got me thinking ...

Featured Question

My husband seems out of breath after we have vigorous sex. He's 48 and in pretty good shape. He won't talk to his doctor about it. Should I be concerned?
Answer

It's probably nothing serious--just heightened excitement. A vigorous romp for a healthy man is akin to running a quarter-mile at 5 MPH. Increased heart rate and being out of breath are perfectly normal. His stamina should increase if you practice regularly. However, if the symptoms seem to be getting worse or if your partner is experiencing chest pain, which should never be ignored, he should visit his doc to get a comprehensive workup. A thorough and complete checkup will make sure there are no underlying health issues to worry about.

But this seems more significant:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/heart...article_em.htm

Shortness of breath from exertion or exercise. If your shortness of breath isn't severe, you may notice it only when you are exerting yourself, and sometimes only during more intense exertion. The medical term for this symptom is dyspnea (say "DISP-nee-uh").
When heart failure develops gradually, your shortness of breath also may develop gradually, which can make it hard to notice. But people with more severe heart failure may have shortness of breath with minimal exertion.