Old 07-22-13, 04:03 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by barnabyjames
The Canadian Bike maker "Guru" will also make custom sized roadbikes for taller guys too.
That wouldn't be a "stock" frame though, would it? The OP mentioned he is on a bit of a budget. So, custom would definately be out. If we get into all the custom frame manufacturers that would be willing to build a frame to fit, well, that includes just about all of them. But, with a few exceptions, they're reasonably expensive. One of the more well known and reaonably priced custom builders would be Gunnar. But, $1500 for a bare frame from them more or less equals the cost of a complete KHS Flight 747. If I were considering a custom metal frame my first preference would probably be Zinn. Just because he has such a knowledge base of having fit the extremely tall. If considering Carbon, well, we're talking mid four figures for just the frame. The sort of person considering that sort of outlay is probably already reasonably committed to the sport, has been through a few bikes, knows what they want and don't want and probably isn't going to be asking us where they should start.