Old 07-24-13, 06:26 AM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by northernlights
I don't blame the cyclist. . . I would say 80/20 driver fault.
So after saying you don't blame the cyclist and give a bunch of of supposed reasons why the cyclist shouldn't have been there in the first place you then state that you believe the cyclist is 20% to blame just for being on the road. You are indeed blaming the cyclist for daring to be on the road going about his business in peace and in full compliance with the law. So, are you going to blame the guy who gets gunned down in a drive by shooting because he dared to be there and dared not to be wearing body armor - don't he know that those guns nuts run around shooting things all the time and he is supposed to get out of their way and take proper precaution?

Originally Posted by northernlights
Road rage much? Jeez calm down dude. No need for childish insults.
I was being 100% serious. I actually meant that and I looked over that post for a several minutes before I hit the post button. It is absolutely true that the only reason I do not call for your banning from a bike forum for making a post like that, where you are blaming the cyclist for just daring to be on the road and say that it is their fault (at least partially) for just daring to use another form of fully legal and fully road legal transportation - Yah, how dare that cyclist get in my way - that is the level of attitude you displayed. And on a bicycle forum, a forum that is dedicated to that very form of alternate transportation, I can certainly see how that kind of attitude could get you banned. I, however, believe that even your kind have a right to spout off that kind of smut that drips with the same kind of ingrained prejudice and hate that one person of one race would say about another person of another race "getting what they were asking for" just for being on the other races turf. "XYZ race in ABC race turf is to blame for just being there (at least partially) even if they have a legal right to do so." = "Bicycle rider in the road which is car turf is to blame for just being there (at least partially) even if they have a legal right to do so." In my mind those two statements are equivalent and come from the same deep down rotten to bone place. But, yes, I will defend your right to spout of that kind of trash. Just be assured that if you do it when I'm watching I'm not going to let it go unanswered, I would be shamed to the core if I let that kind of clear and open raw rotten prejudice go unanswered by my voice if no other.

Not a childish insult - I meant exactly what I said and I make no apologies. In fact if I was aware of this thread and had read your post and hadn't spoken up I would find need to apologize for that.