View Single Post
Old 07-28-13, 03:48 PM
aztimm

Bikes: Specialized Tri Cross; Specialized Tarmac SL3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! The trip is coming up in just a few weeks (I'll be there Aug 16-18.

I was up there 2 years ago to visit with my cousin, and I was doing more running then. We ran City Creek on a Sunday morning, it was a beautiful day, and I was puzzled that it seemed we were the only people there. Even living here in AZ, I had never heard of the whole LDS no Sunday workout thing, but it certainly made our run very enjoyable. I guess a few laps on that could make a nice little ride.

I've been to Contender and it is a great shop. It doesn't look like they rent, well they don't list it on their website. And they're not open on Sunday ,when I'd want to return the bike. I could ask my cousin to return on Monday, but would rather avoid that if I can.

The first trip I stayed at the downtown Hilton Garden Inn, and I think it was $75/night, about the same now. If that isn't a bad location for riding from, I'll just stick with it.

That Contender ride sounds like it may be good. Heck, I need the climbing... I'm sure it will kick my butt. But since I don't live there, I just don't want to get lost if I get dropped. I'll have my phone with me that I can always use if I need to.