View Single Post
Old 07-29-13, 12:32 AM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Astrozombie
I always imagine that in my head as a joke, but if they do it for real then there are definitely issues there (anti-social or something)

Just at the grocery store today i was saying "Hey what if i drive this cart the way people drive their cars around bicycles and pedestrians, what would happen?"
Some vehicle operators, including some bicycle type vehicle operators, are so selfish and belligerent that they will do anything they think they can get away with and constantly push the limit on what they think they can get away with to shave mere seconds off of their travel time at the risk of other peoples lives, health, and property.

Isn't right, but they are out there. They don't have any specific malice towards other people they just don't give a ^#@&@$%R%@ about anyone but themselves and for the most minor convenience of only a half-second of saved time on their end they will not hesitate to gamble other peoples very lives much less mere health or property. The only way they can be kept in check is by them learning they can't get away with it and that fact being repeatably reinforced upon them since they will continually try to push the limit.