nhluhr
John Wayne Toilet Paper

Bikes: BH carbon, Ritchey steel, Kona aluminum

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Medic Zero
We do. Redmond is a good 10 miles away, and not in Seattle at all! Seriously, if I go to Puyallup, Everett, Edmonds, or anywhere outside Seattle proper, it does seem to be raining a lot more, and actually really raining, not a light drizzle for part of the day which is what I usually seem to get. For me, the winter and spring were incredibly dry this year too. It's been glorious weather in Seattle for months, but this is an extremely rare year.
Following last summer's dry end in September, the monthly total precip was well above historical normals throughout October, November, and December. Although Jan, Feb, and March were below average precip, April was brutally wet at more than twice the average precip. May and June were both above average precip as well.

In total, it was a wetter rainy season than average and although there were dryer months it still rained more days than it didn't during them and in no way can you say "incredibly dry". Further, those days in January and February when it didn't rain were plagued by heavy frost on roads and trails throughout the region.

It has been a terrific July.