Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395

Mr. Beanz: How did you photochop that?
1) I saved the image via snipping tool

2) Opened in a free edit program called Serif Phot Puls SE (from the net) similar to photo shop

3) I used the cloning tool to take sections of the image and put them over the others that had the seal. For instance, I'd take the yellow line from the right side of the image and clone it over the yellow line near his bike to cover it up. It can be a little tricky but if you can get it just right, it's kinda cool. I use the small brush tip to get a pinpoint section then place it over the other section. Some sections of his bike I could easily use the color tool and place blue over the seal.

As you can see here, I took that small section (red oval) and placed it over the lettering. I have to match the edge of the road pretty much exact to make it look good. As you can see , once I got so far, teh letters began to clone to the right of th section. So I'd have to stop then redo another section till I get it all covered up. I do it section by section, sometimes very small sections. Like the rims are hard to do because if you are off a bit, the wheel looks like a rough ride.

rm, kind of tough cause you have to do little by little and hope it doesn't look deformed and skin has to somewhat match tones cloning shadows and all.

Kind of rough at first but once you practice, it's fun!

ZAK_9094-XL by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

ZAK_9094-XL2 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

Third image you can see that I took the line even a little further cloning the now larger section of white line. You can see the little blip in the white line where I did not match it perfectly. I left it the was so you could see. Plus the cracks in the should have changed a bit as I covered some up to cover up the repeat image. When someone sees the same crack twice in an image, they know something is up.

ZAK_9094-XL3 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

Pretty col program. I used this image to show you the clone tool. I took some of the image from the couch to hide the neck of my guitar. Then I took John's face from another picture and added it on the wall ha ha! So if you ever want to impress your friends with a pic of you hanging out at the club with a bunch of models, you can clone yourself in a pic.

DSC00074A by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

DSC00074 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

If you get good at it, all your friends would envy your rides.

ZAK_9094-XL4 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 07-31-13 at 04:33 PM.