Old 08-03-13, 03:40 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
For the brakes,calipers are short pull,your V's are long pull. If you install them,you'll also need to swap your levers.

For the tires,how wide are your rims? When I got my Speed Pro TT off eBay,the previous owner had a set of BA's mounted. They just fit the frame,but were too wide for the rims,and the bead wasn't right. Swapped them for 1.5" Marathon Racers and no probs. It could just be the angle of the photos,but in pics 1&3 it looks like you're having the same issue I had(FYI,my SPTT came stock with those same tires yours did). If that's the case,you need to get narrower tires suited for your rims,which will solve your brake issues.

For the Pantour;I hate the one on my Mu SL. PITA to set the brakes up by myself,and I really don't like the suspension feeling. Pantour is kinda still in business,I think,their site is messed up and outdated. I'd suggest if you want to keep the hub to check ThorUSA(he also posts here) and see if he can get you another elastomer. He also might be able to help source another shock or rebuild kit for it.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X