View Single Post
Old 08-05-13, 07:08 PM
sprince

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jawnn
I do believe that could be a lack of protein....I must find an un sweetened protein drink and if I could get protein powder that is affordable, ( dream on) ... and some of the pain may be sciatica.... but it feels like muscle pain, yet when I turn on my side in bed, with my legs slightly folded it stops.

I keep thinking it may be that my tendons are not as flexible as they should be (more stretching). When riding I have to stretch my heel down sometimes; and massaging my thigh muscle with my thumb helps also, tendonitis? But most of the pain is in my calves.

Well there are so many possibilities that it is imposable to say exactly what it is , so I am trying everything.

And what’s more crazy I want to get a liquid trainer, and build more endurance, or at least more aerobic exercise, to keep my heart strong......

beta-blockers Carvedelol and Losarten to lower my blood pressure. The first week I was out of the hospital I had the worst muscle spasms of my life, lasted half an hour, both legs. The doctors didn't warm me about this nor did they say anything about it, I just found out on my own reading time that lowered blood pressure can cause spasms.
Normal microtrauma from exercise feels more like extreme soreness at worst. What you describe sounds more like neuropathy, lack of electrolytes or spinal issues.

Natural sources of electrolytes without added sodium include leafy greens, most all vegetables, low sodium vegetable juice, milk, and fruit. Avoid all refined sugar, soda, coffee and anything with caffeine.

Lack of protein might extend the period of soreness after exercise (but not pain). For protein it's only important to get the required amount every 3-4 hours over the course of the day. There are plenty of low fat, zero sugar sources including sardines, tuna, salmon, egg whites, soy protein, whey, plain yogurt to name a few.