Old 08-06-13, 10:37 PM
Six jours

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by calstar
Seems like I recently read where the knee over pedal fit(a long tradition) is a starting point as the biomechanical benefit of KOP is limited at best. Any one have input on the subject? I'll try to find the article.

That the longer cranks produces more torque is also questionable. Pretty sure I can find that study, done at Utah State(IRRC), probably some of you have read it, something about the gear ratios making the crank length insignificant.

thanks, always looking to expand my knowledge,

Brian
IMO KOPS is rarely wrong, but not always completely right. I personally prefer to be slightly behind the spindle. It just feels right to me. Other people prefer to be right over the top, and some prefer to be far behind it. A very few people even like to be in front - I think they're wrong, except when they're faster than me.

Short version: KOPS is a fine starting place. For many people it's a fine ending place too. It's just not the word of god, so if you feel like moving a bit from there you don't have to worry about sudden bolts of lightning or anything.