Old 08-08-13, 07:58 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by AzTallRider
I felt you were calling me elitist because I don't believe golf achievement requires athletic ability/discipline. My reference to the 33 is because, well, there are frankly few places as elitist. Ignorance is often equated with a lack of intelligence in the 33, and both are quickly and repeatedly 'knocked', often nastily. I don't see where judging the athleticism required to golf is elitist, and felt your judging me to be elitist was far more, for wont of a better word 'elitist'. And here I go putting it through another cycle...

Here in Arizona, a great number of people golf, some very well, and very few of them could be confused with athletes. That doesn't make them less of a person, or denigrate them, any more than saying I'm tall denigrates me. Whether something is harshly critical, or elitist, has much to do with what is behind the words - something that isn't always apparent in brief forum posts. Just as with the use of "The N-Word" (in the news again recently) it matters who said it, and also what they intended.
And you don't think placing yourself above the 33, by repeatedly calling it (as silly as it may be) elitist as a tad bit judgmental? Presumably you like ex and shovel, both 33 regulars. In fact two of the more prolific posters. You seem to have some issue with me as a 33 elitist. Of course you don't know anything about me. It all strikes me as a bit arbitrary and doesn't make this particular corner of BF any more welcoming than any other. So goes the internet. Forest and trees and things like that. I see things different than you. I don't think that's a bad thing. Do you think Andy Schleck see you or me as an athlete? All things are relative.

Last edited by gsteinb; 08-08-13 at 08:02 PM.