View Single Post
Old 08-09-13, 06:02 AM
babysnoop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by demoncyclist
Again, the FREEWHEEL that you have is a different type of mechanism than a FREEHUB equipped bike that uses a CASSETTE. They are NOT interchangable. Yes, you can get a 7 speed cassette and a spacer, so you could possible use that wheel, although the dropout spacing for a 7 speed freewheel equipped bike is probably 126mm, instead of the more modern 135mm. If that frame is aluminum, then it may be difficult to squeeze a freehub equipped wheel in there. And just because a bike seems expensive to you doesn't necessarily make it worth putting any money into for upgrades.
I appreciate your comments and I take it on board BUT take a chill pill before you reply back!! There IS NO need to SPEAK like you are ANGRY!! Jeezz... Hope you don't speak like this in your day job to customers,
( if you have a job that is ) I asked for help and in a calm, chilled manner, not to be spoken to in a negative, loud way.... I guess your avatar PIC says it all!!! DEVIL!!!!

Since when did I say my FREEWHEEL WILL WORK?? I just pointed out that my original wheels on my bike have a freewheel at the moment. I didn't even say anything about trying to put a freewheel on this new sun wheels I have.... I know how it all works, I have changed the chain, the freewheel, serviced the whole bike really. I just wanted some advice because I am not familiar with costly wheels with removable hubs, conversation etc. . .

Last edited by babysnoop; 08-09-13 at 06:11 AM.