View Single Post
Old 08-10-13, 05:19 AM
guner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
measure of 10% effort increment

Hi everyone, I am new to cycling sport and has been ride/commute on an old Montana MTB for more than 2 weeks.
However, my legs muscle are being too tight after 2 days of commute that I compelled to stop for 1 day or 2 for the recovery before I can get on the bike again.

The distance of the commute for round trip is 20km but I have added another 10km in the morning and at the speed of 20kph to my workplace is sustainable, still able to conserve a sentence.
I am decided to ride a 1000 mile for base mileage before I intend for any interval, hills or elite type of training. If I am telling you my goal is to able to ride at 40kph for 80km distance, this is what I will do whatever it takes.

They said you shouldn't increase your mileage more than 10% a week, I am wondering if I increase the speed instead by 10% while maintaining the same distance. Will it yield any better result? How do you measure and increase 10% effort of your training?

Considering I am looking for the shortest time to pedal this 1k mile base, what is the best training method I can get it done?
Thanks.