Old 08-10-13, 12:53 PM
AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Did 50+ of base this morning to check out the fit changes and because I just needed a longer ride than I've done of late. Changes seem good, though I rub my right heel on the chainstay now and then, so I may adjust that cleat a smidgeon. Stretched afterward, and later today or tonight I should have a good idea of how my leg responds. I truly hate being hampered by a nagging issue, unsure whether to ride through it or not. Hopefully these changes will sort that out, as I want to get back to following the TRS, which I've been ignoring (with Ex's agreement). MIGHT do a 40K TT tomorrow, just for training purposes, but at this point the main target is next season. I want to do a RR up in the mountains in a few weeks, but intend to train through it. I just want to get up in the cool air, see the guys and gals, and pretend I'm still a bike racer.

Ran into a newbie rider who lives a few blocks away, and I did an extended cool down to chat with him and show him the best route home and how to get to and use our local canal. He has lost over 50# in 60 days of cycling, but still has a long way to go, weight wise. He wants to do the "Semper Fi Ride" this fall, which goes from Phoenix through Prescott and over the mountains to Camp Pendleton. 350+ miles in 4 days, with some wicked climbing, because, well, there is this inconvenient mountain range between the desert and the coast. It has a wounded warrior connection, iirc. Quite the goal for your first year, but he is determined, so I'll do what I can to help him along his chosen path.