MikeOK
Yo

Bikes: 2003 Yeti AS-R, 2018 Waltly ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Roland Green and his cleat- cheater?

I remember seeing this race on OLN, and I also remember how those anal announcers made such a big deal out of such a little thing. Another thing I remember is how the other racers didn't protest because it is a silly rule he broke, and besides Roland was such a man that he was able to break down, wait for someone to drop him a tool, fix his problem and still wax the competition. Here's a quote from the last Mountain Bike mag:

"At the NORBA season opener at Big Bear, Green was riding away from the field when, on his last lap, his cleat came loose. Having started the race sans tools, Green was frantically looking for a solution before the pack of chasers could catch him. But there was no solution... until his "teammate" Ryder Hesjedal rode by and threw him a multitool. Green tightened his cleat and went on to win the race."

This article goes on to describe a very different set of circumstances than I remember seeing, it also even goes so far as slandering Canadians, our good neighbors to the north.

What do you think?