Old 08-12-13, 11:33 AM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You said your bike was upright - I looked it up... it appears to be a classic style road bike so uncertain how you are sitting upright (ever consider getting rid of those handlebars and getting a flat bar instead?). I suspect your saddle is probably way too low and maybe the bike is alittle small for you but that said... your butt should not be on a saddle (in otherwise your entire butt should not rest on the saddle). The saddle should support your pelvic region and although it sounds counterintuitive, the narrower the saddle usually the better. A big wide saddle is extremely uncomfortable.

Saddles are like shoes, they fit everyone differently and you have to find your personal style and "butt mate". I like the Terry Butterfly and the WTB SheSpeed; both women specific saddles and with alittle padding. You should not have to break them in. Get a good pair of riding shorts - like Terry's T-short or Shebeest and also use a chamois cream such as Chamois Butt'r or Assos Creme. I am about your weight and height and ride 50 - 60 miles with no problems.

Good luck with finding your love saddle - I almost wish there was a match.com for saddles!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 08-12-13 at 11:36 AM.