View Single Post
Old 08-12-13, 02:52 PM
waynesulak

Bikes: Custom 650B tandem by Bob Brown, 650B tandem converted from Santana Arriva, Santana Noventa, Boulder Bicycle 700C, Gunnar Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DubT
We both use Bebop pedals. They require regular maintenance and lubrication but they are light, double sided and reasonable. We bought the ones with Chrome moly spindles and then I ordered titanium spindles off of eBay. They weigh 150 grams per pair with the titanium spindles.

http://www.beboppedals.com/

Originally Posted by DubT
My wife uses Shimano mountain bike pedals and I asked her today during our ride while we were stopped for a break, if she had any issues walking in them and she said no. The cleat does extend below the lugs by about 1mm but it is not an issue for her. I wear SHimano road shoes and can walk with not problem in the cleats. We had to walk a couple of miles the other day and we neither one had an issue with the cleats.

As i mentioned they do require period maintenance. I exercise the clips after nearly ride and also apply a dry lube to them after every ride. If you do that they perform very well and have a tremendous amount of float.

Wayne
Ok I am confused here. From prior threads I understand that your stoker is your wife so are we talking about your other wife?