View Single Post
Old 08-12-13, 04:03 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by save10
Polemica! So now i guess i have to stick around to watch the 1/2 race to see the drama. Re the video: did any of that stuff result in any crashes does anyone know?
I hung around and watched this race. No crashes that I saw due this incident. There was a pretty big pileup about halfway through that a few guys didn't get up from for some time though.

There was quite a bit of confusion near the end of the race as the officials forgot to flip cards for a few laps (shouldn't have had any impact to what was seen on the video). The the group of 9 or 10 in the video were about a half lap up on the main field with 4-5 laps to go and the official pulled the main field. A few in the main field were pissed because they knew they were about 30-seconds back but didn't know how many laps were remaining and argued they would have started to pull them back if they had known there were only 4 laps left, not 8-10. I think that challenge could have been due to the course being rather short (~0.5 miles) and groups being able to catch each other quickly.