Old 08-12-13, 11:22 PM
Stix Zadinia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question to US fellas about Specialized 2013-2014 models

Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to replace my stolen Trek with an all-black/stealth Specialized mtb for quite some time now, after A LOT of looking around I was dead set on this bike, a 2013 Carve Expert bike:

Unfortunately, I waited too much to make the purchase (going back and forth in over-thinking it), and now the local distributor (I live in Colombia) has told me all the shops will be carrying only the 2014 models from now on, as that's the shipment that's supposed to arrive by mid-August.

The 2014 models are now named CRAVE, instead of Carve, and the new frame model (the CARVE Comp) doesn't look as good to me (they're kind of similar, but not the same):

I'm still waiting to check them out in person, but I'm pretty sure I still like the 2013 model much better.

On to my question: I have a business contact in Florida who purchases and ships stuff for me when I ask him, so I'm wondering if the 2013 Carve Expert is still being sold (as new) in US stores, so I can tell him to purchase the bike for me? Or is it not being sold anymore, just like in here?

At this point I don't care much for the insurance offered by local shops, I'm just gonna be extra-careful and never leave the bike locked in a parking lot, install tracking gps, and things like that.
I've already tested other Specialized mtbs, I know exactly my size etc.

Thanks much for your input!

Last edited by Stix Zadinia; 08-12-13 at 11:25 PM.