Old 08-14-13, 05:39 AM
joyota

Bikes: 1998 Nishiki Blazer, 2004 Trek 4500, 2014 Salsa Fargo 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tortoise vs Hare Kind of Days

How many folks are like me and have commutes that are blisteringly fast and you feel awesome but then other days where you're just happy to make it to work on time? I'm not an everyday commuter (yet), I commute 28 miles/day by bike on Mon, Wed, Fri. I work out on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday evenings but I work mostly upper body and really only use my legs to jog a little for cardio.

I find I usually have a fast day and then slow down the rest of the week. Two weeks ago Wednesday, I averaged 15.9mph, then on Friday same time of day and same weather conditions I struggled to average 13.5mph. Last week, Monday I averaged 15.3mph, Wednesday I slowed to 14.9mph, and Friday again 13.5mph. This week, Monday 15.3mph and today 13.9mph.

Now this morning was 10° cooler than Monday and I had a slight headwind so I was wearing jeans and a track jacket instead of the usual jersey and shorts, but even so from the start I could tell I just didn't have the energy I had on Monday. Is my body not recovering? At first I just thought it was random but after looking back over my journal there's definitely a trend.

Much advance thanks.