View Single Post
Old 09-19-05, 05:15 PM
iamthetas

Bikes: Devinci Guzzler, 04 Canadian version

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
look further ahead on the trail than just in front of the bike and dont focus on any one thing or it will be your entire focus. the further ahead you can look the faster you can go without fear because your brain has a chance to think of alternate lines, options as well as the lines the guys in front of you take in a curve etc., long before you reach the critical point of decision. it helped me tremendously to start looking ahead and BTW I didnt know there was anything BUT singletrack ha ha. as far as slowing your buds down, they were there once and probably DONT mind or if they do not much. those that have forgotten the newbieism should not be ridden with ayway in my opinion because to them its not fun but serious stuff. the real confidence booser is to get to the point( for me anyway) when one of the super fast guys remarks at how well Ive come along in NOT slowing him down. the guys I ride with use it as a chance to get to an area and practice stunts while waiting for me. Ive gotten to the point where I dont give them more than a few seconds to wait but it took a while to get there. just keep at it and you will be surprised at how quickly you no longer hold them up or fear the singletrack. ewquarter is a good place to practice as well. PM me if you are ever coming to central Va. and we can hook up. also www.cyclingcentralva.org is a good place for riding in my area and www.evma.org is a good one for your area