Old 08-15-13, 11:30 AM
txags92

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Sorry I am coming back to this late, and I don't want to alarm you at all, but that area can be kind of hit or miss as far as crime at apartment complexes. There were a large number of Katrina refugees resettled there and the crime rate went up rapidly after they arrived. I was working in the area at the time and the crime increase was not imaginary like some in city government wanted to pretend. I think things have settled down some in recent years, but keep your eyes open and don't leave any valuables laying around in your car. There are some good complexes down there and then some not so nice places, so just look around once you are there and figure out what kind of places are around you and act accordingly.

As for restaurants, there are some good Indian and mediterranean places west of there along Westheimer. I work closely with 4 Indians and they can never agree on which one is best or worst. What one likes, others hate, so try them out yourself and pick a favorite. Nirvana up on Memorial just east of Dairy Ashford is one they all seem to like. Rattan on Eldridge north of Briar Forest is good Asian food.